Friday, June 6, 2008

My Blog My World -- 5th June 2008 9.30 pm Channel U

I missed the first 10 to 15 mins of this episode but guess I've still watched enough to be able to write something about it. Hope I don't miss anything....

Self-mutilation/self-torture.

Parents quarreling everyday....
Not doing well in school but cannot find the help she needs....
Not able to find friends to talk to....
Feeling that she's nobody and no one cares...
Boyfriend problem....

Some girls in her class have already started cutting themselves, they asked her to try it, saying, "it helps you know." Rachel rejected them initially.

As time passed, things got worst....
Father started staying out at nights....
Boyfriend's resentment in her and drifting away from her...

Desperate....Rachel finally turned to cutting herself...
For a moment, she felt relived...
As if the physical pain filled her empty heart and the bleeding bled away her pain....
Her classmates who were cutting themselves saw it and "took her in" as part of them...
She though she finally found friends.
Teachers saw her cuts and asked her what happened...
She thought, finally she's being noticed.
She finally felt there's a meaning in life.

The "happiness" was shot-lived as Rachel and her new found friends soon discovered.
Her friend's parents finally got divorced and she suddenly realized....cutting herself didn't change anything...
"everything is over...
but these scars, they'll never go away.
they are ugly...."

Rachel suddenly saw the cruel truth.
To make things worst, her boyfriends finally broke up with her.
Her world suddenly collapsed.
She broke down....clashed her wrist repeatedly....
"why is the pain still here....
make my pain go away..."
Cutting herself no longer helps....

Then her dad found out....
dressed her wounds....
talked to her...
she finally realised her dad does care...
she promised never to hurt herself again....


It's stupid to hurt yourselves.
It's not going to solve any problem.
For all readers our there, please please please do not resort to hurting yourselves.
I understand how it feels. I was a teen before too.
I too have felt as if the world was against me and no one cared before.
I, too have thought of hurting myself. Luckily I did not.
Like I've said in my post for the previous episode,
"when you're thinking that the world has built a wall around it to keep you out.
think again. have you built a wall around yourselves?"

If anyone of you readers out there have problem of your own and are thinking of hurting yourselves....or readers who are already hurting yourselves....
Please, there are better ways out...

Pray, for those who believe in the High Presence. Be it Christianity, Buddhism, Islam or any religion. You may not be religious but praying does help, talk to the Higher Presence.

Keep yourselves occupied. Play a sport. Sweat it out or indulge yourselves in music. People with active lives, playing sports or indulge in music or arts usually have less problem with managing emotions and sadness. Through these activities you can also make more friends and find more people to talk to.

You can even start blogging. It's a good way to express yourselves.

To my campers(my little monkeys) and all readers, if there really isn't any other way to express yourselves, you can leave a tag on the blog or a comment some where. I can't promise I'll be able to solve the problem for you. But I'll listen.

No comments: