Saturday, May 31, 2008

To East Coast Park and BACK! 70km! WOOT!

I shall write about my cycling trip to East Coast Park. My FIRST time there on my bike!

Woot! 29 MAy 2008, Thursday, what a sunny day!
Met a fellow instructor, Jerome, at the junction infrom of 10 Mile Junction Shopping Centre. The trip was only comfirm the night before. Destination? As far as we can go! lols...
Because it's not very long after my knees surgery, only 8 or 9 months after op for my left knee and merely 4 months for my right knee! I wasn't confident of going all the way down to East Coast. But we made it! Need to get used to my cleats again too. Nearly fall and crash a few times during the trip. Lucky I'm still in one piece. ^_^

The route:
We went down Bukit Timah road(man, this is the hardest part of the route...lotsa up and down slopes), all the way pass HCI and NJC to Adams road then to Newton Circle(that junction was messy!). Took a short toilet break at a SPC petrol kisok and carried on down to bugis. Where we went to Blue Reef Scuba for a visit, I bumpped into a JC classmate from first 3 months, he was there for the recruitment into Trekkers. We stayed and chat with the senior trainers for a while before going off again. There's going to be a trip this August in the NPD week. Diving, trekking and abseil of NATURAL CLIFF!!! OMG! I WANT TO GO!!
Anyway, back to the cycling route....
We passed through Geylang(the traffic here is messy too...and Jerome that crazy guy kept leading me, weaving in and out of traffic.) where we had TAO-HUAY BREAK! LOL... the Tao-Huay was nice..
After that we contined all the way to East Coast Park. Found out that cycling on the over head bridge to cross over to East Coast Park from the park connector comes with a $1000 fine! OMG...Jerome's friend got it once before!
At East Coast Park we went to check out kayaking spots and rates. Only to realise that there's no longer kayak rental available at ECP. Sad. BUT, NO WORRIES! Those you won't get the beautiful view of the sea, there nearest play for people staying in the east would be Bedok Reserviour. There, like the old Kayak Kiosk at ECP, you od not need to be a member nor do you need at least 1 Star certification. Rental is open to everyone and it's open-deck kayak. So it's very safe, if you capsize, you'll just fall off the kayak. No worries of being trapped under.
Jerome ran into his campers from St. Patricks at ECP, they were blading there.
Was actually thinking of going over to Bedok Reseriour to check things out...but I'm TIRED! Already covered 30-40Km and we still have the return journey to consider. So, next time~

The Return journey:
We basically took the same route back, but didn't stop by Blue Reef Scuba again. Also didn't stop for toilet break! I wanted to try going all the way back to Choa Cku Kang without stopping. Haha... but still we stopped at a bike shop along Bukit Timah road to take a look. Cools bikes in there...
The tirp back was tiring! Especially the up slopes on Bukit Timah road(nearing CCK)! I was too tired to speed up after slowing down again, so I decided to speed all they way back to 10Mile Junction after I gained speed form a down slope. LOL...SHAG~
Finally got back to 10Mile Junction. I waited for Jerome, he didn't speed all the way back like I did.
Jerome got a 1.5 liter bottle of H2O at Seng Siong, we sat outside Seng Siong and shared the drink. Chat a bit. Then when home seperately. I still had 1 slope to go up at Teck Whye...T_T. But still manage to make it back home....
Now I have to clean and wax my bike....the spokes of my front rims are risky. zzzz.....
Cleaning was tedious! But the bike needs maintainance...haha....
The trip was tiring...BUT FUN! SHIOK!

Next target: Changi Village!

Any cyclist out there wanna cycle?? lol..

No comments: